Friday, November 13, 2015

Blue All The Way



Last time, I got an invitation to one of my boyfriend's friend's debut. I got nothing to wear in mind so I decided to buy an off shoulder top and paired it with my see-through skirt and my platforms.

So here's the awkward story of this outfit: When I arrived at the party with my boyfriend, I was super shocked to find that the debutant was only wearing shorts and a sleeveless top. I don't want to sound rude but I really felt the awkward moment when your clothes were better than the celebrant's, cause you know or if you haven't heard, there's an unspoken rule to never make your clothes better than the birthday celebrant's (I kinda always take that cause I never want to take the spotlight). It's really not my intention cause I got no idea that it was really just a simple, very simple house party. I'm not really that close to her and I had only been invited because he is close with my boyfriend. I'm sharing this cause I felt bad that time. I was just being me who always put good clothes on and I guess that is a problem. 

Have you guys ever experienced this before? Share it here with me and let me know that I'm not the only one who at the very first time felt bad of wearing nice clothes. Oh God, I really hope I'm not the only one.

Anyway, hope you were all having a great time. xx

Love,
Aiya ♡


PS: I made a cute minimal video of this outfit. You can view it here https://instagram.com/p/9LHwmkqELg/ 
Oh and one more thing, follow me on insta @aiyasuen :)

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress!! U look awesome. Xo

    http://www.sweetsimpleday.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post dear! I love it:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say it's never happened to me, but I bet it was ackward!
    Very nice outfit, btw :)
    xo

    She is Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome post :)) i really hope you're having an amazing day!

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I've been in that position before and it feels weird, but I really don't think that one should feel bad for being who they are. Now that I'm older I am proud of the person I am and feel confident in my choices. If someone has a problem with someone else looking nice, that is really their problem. Have a great day and I'll follow you on Insta, hope you follow me back as well.

    Kisses,
    Tania
    http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the advice. :) of course ill follow you back :)

      Delete