Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Hobbyhorse 2.0

On my last post, I've told you one of the things that I usually do when I'm home. Now, this post will be about the other part or one of the five things that I usually do and that is READING.

I love reading books with sequels. Could be duology, trilogy, quadrilogy, pentalogy, and blahh (I also read single books. these are just what I preffered). What I'm reading at this time is the Unearthly Series and I'm now in book 2 (Hallowed). It's actually a young adult urban fantasy novel and these are the kinds of novels that I usually read. This is also the second novel that I read about angels/fallen angels/nephilim.

Just like in movies, my favorite genres are young adult, sci-fi, romance, fantasy, fiction, mystery, etc. I rarely read thriller novels cause it does not scare nor intrigues me. The only erotic book that I have read is Fifty Shades Trilogy.

The novels that I will be sharing here in my post are the ones that never left my mind even up to now that I have read lots of other books.






 RED QUEEN - VICTORIA AVEYARD

 Synopsis: This is a world divided by blood – red or silver. The Reds are commoners, ruled by a Silver elite in possession of god-like superpowers. And to Mare Barrow, a seventeen-year-old Red girl from the poverty-stricken Stilts, it seems like nothing will ever change. That is, until she finds herself working in the Silver Palace. Here, surrounded by the people she hates the most, Mare discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy the balance of power.
(The pictures are fan made)

Book 2 - Glass Sword is about to come out on February 9, 2016.








THE IRON FEY SERIES - JULIE KAGAWA

Synopsis: Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.
When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.
But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil, no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.


FALLEN SERIES - LAUREN KATE

Synopsis: What if the person you were meant to be with could never be yours? 17-year-old Lucinda falls in love with a gorgeous, intelligent boy, Daniel, at her new school, the grim, foreboding Sword & Cross . . . only to find out that Daniel is a fallen angel, and that they have spent lifetimes finding and losing one another as good & evil forces plot to keep them apart. 
Get ready to fall . . 







THE SELECTION SERIES - KIERA CASS

Synopsis: For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.
Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself—and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

Book 5 will come out on May 5, 2016.

---

And this is the trilogy that I'm reading now and I'm currently in book 2.




UNEARTHLY SERIES - CYNTHIA HAND

Synopsis: In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees...
Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.
Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.
As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?
Unearthly is a moving tale of love and fate, and the struggle between following the rules and following your heart.

---

I've always wanted someone whom I can talk to with regarding the books that I've read. To be honest, I don't have a friend who reads pure english novels like those. Most of my friends read books in wattpad who have Filipino authors. I got one whom I'm friends with ever since I'm 10 yrs old, but too bad she already moved to California. And even though that's the case, we promise each other that we will still be in contact and I'll do the best I can to persuade my mom to let me study there with her.

Anyway, I hope you guys read the books that I've suggested. Now, any books you wanted to suggest me guys? Please put it in the comment. :)


Love,
Aiya Suen




31 comments:

  1. Great books to read. I've been lazy with reading or finishing books lately.
    Thanks for visiting/following my blog. I'm following back via GFC, please. Appreciated! :)

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!
    http://www.silkypearl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting post :)
    I invite you to my blog, maybe follow for follow? :)

    veronicalucy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these, but I will keep them in mind. If you like sf, I would suggest The Amber series by Roger Zelanzy, Starship Troppers and The Moon is a Harsh Mistres by Heinlein, the Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula L. Le Guin.

    I have followed you with gfc!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for the suggestion! Ill read those for sure.

      Delete
  5. Lovely pick. following you on gfc, hope for a follow back xoxo

    http://thefurthestthingfromperfect.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aamazing post and great collection.
    Thank you for followed my blog and now is my turn i followed you back via GFC member.
    Let keep in touch and have a great day.
    Kisses

    http://kintanfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ill surely keep in touch with you. Thanks for the follow :)

      Delete
  7. Great list of books, you vocabulary must be so broad, I like to read books to but I have a habit of not finishing it :))

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC, instagram, and bloglovin? :D
    Capturing Life Memoirs | bloglovin' | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ive got a broad vocabulary but im not an eloquent writer and speaker. i really wish i was. :) im following you back now :)

      Delete
    2. Followed you back :) Advanced Merry Christmas.

      Delete
  8. Loved this post!

    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know, I always follow back :)

    Kisses,
    http://confessionsofamake-upshopaholic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your lovely comment and for following me :) I've followed you back ;)
    I really enjoyed this post. I'm a huge bookworm so I've already expanded my wishlist thanks to you :)
    Have a great day!

    fashionabejita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are really really really great books. You should read it ASAP.
      Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

      Delete
  10. Wow.. great post! Thanks for sharing!I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2016!
    Much love, Len ♥
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great, I like it! Merry Xmas dear!
    Thanks for your lovely visit, you've a new follower!

    •♥• Mary María Style •♥•

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post! :)
    Would you like that we follow each other? Let me know in my comments,ly :*
    beautyshapes3.blogspot.hr

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love reading book though I'm not a fan of trilogies and young adult books. I'm glad that you are having a wonderful time devouring all the books that you love Aiya! :) Can't wait for your update! :)) ehhee

    love lots,
    Tin

    mypoeticisolation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete